Multi Grain Bajji With Cauliflower And Broccoli

It is raining outside and the climate is extremely cool. Any hot snack will be suitable for the day. I had broccoli and cauliflower in fridge. So I went ahead to make bajjis. I ran out of besan which is the key ingredient of bajji. So I did tweak the recipe by adding different kinds of flours and the bajji came out very crispy and delicious. My daughter liked the cauliflower bajjis and I liked the broccoli ones. My hubby is yet to come.  Today is the third day of week long Blogging Marathon#10-group 2. This bajji is perfect for the theme I have chosen-Deceptively Delicious. I am also sending this as an entry to Srivalli's Kid's Delight-Deceptively Delicious guest hosted by Pavani.


Ingredients:
Cauliflower-10small florets
Brocolli-10small florets
Kambu Flour-3tbs
Raagi Flour-3tbs
Multigrain Atta-3tbs
Maida-3tbs
Rice Flour-3tbs
Baking Powder-1/2tsp
Salt-to taste
Red Chilly Powder-1tsp
Orange Red Colour-a few drops
Oil-To deep fry


Procedure:
1. Mix all the dry ingredients. Add water and prepare a batter slightly thinner than the dosa batter.
2. Add the food colour and mix well.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Dip the brocolli into the batter one by one and drop into hot oil.
5. Fry until golden brown.
6. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
7. If the vegetables are over and the batter remains, cut onion into thin slices, drop into the batter. Transfer this to the oil and deep fry. This tastes divine..




A closer look at the delicious treat!

Labels: , , , ,