Sweet Aval Paniyaram

I got this recipe from my neighbour. When I was talking with her, she showed me a recipe book given by her chettinad friend. It contained many hand written recipes. I was surprised by her patience. Gifting such a wonderful recipe book to a neighbour is wonderful. This recipe doesn't need fermenting like the usual paniyaram. The rice flakes give the softness even without fermenting. Sruti and hubby liked it very much. I served these paniyarams with coconut chutney. The combination was absolutely delicious.




Ingredients:
Par Boiled Rice-1 1/2cup
Aval / Rice Flakes-1/2cup
Brown Sugar / Vellam-2cups
Cardamom Powder-1tsp
Coconut Grated-1cup
Olive Oil For Cooking The Paniyaram


Procedure:
1. Soak rice and rice flakes separately for 2hours.
2. Grind them together to a smooth and thick batter in grinder or mixer grinder.
3. Add 1/8cup water to brown sugar and bring it to boil.
4. Switch off stove and filter the syrup directly into the prepared batter.
5. Add cardamom powder and grated coconut. Mix well.
6. Prepare paniyaram in a paniyaram pan.
7. Serve hot with coconut chutney.

Labels: , , ,